What to Do If Your Dog Eats Chocolate

And its for good reason: Chocolate is poisonous for pet dogs, and might make them seriously ill.But no matter how cautious you are, and how much effort you put into keeping chocolate out of sight and out of mind for your pooch, theres always the possibility that theyll handle to discover some. Recognize the indications and signs of chocolate poisoning in dogsAlthough the signs of chocolate poisoning typically appear 6 to 12 hours after your dog has actually consumed it, the symptoms can last up to 72 hours, and consist of: VomitingDiarrheaRestlessnessIncreased urinationTremorsElevated or irregular heart rateSeizuresCollapse and deathThe start of symptoms may happen much faster in older canines and dogs with heart conditions, the AKC describes. Both groups are likewise more at-risk of sudden death from chocolate poisoning.Gather the evidenceAs soon as you recognize that your pet dog has eaten chocolate, collect any evidence thats left, including packaging/wrappers and any leftover chocolate, and bring it with you to the veterinarian.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.